Gone are the days when laser eye surgery was only suitable for the most clear cut of patient prescriptions. Technology and expertise have advanced a great deal in recent years, meaning vision correction is now available to a much wider range of people with even the most complex of refractive errors. Read on to see if these new laser eye treatments could work for you…
To Treat: Long sightedness (Hyperopia) and age-related long sightedness (Presbyopia)
Now FDA approved, the KAMRA™ Inlay is a mini ultra-thin opaque ring with an opening in the centre. It is much smaller than a contact lens and lighter than a grain of salt. The opening in the centre of the inlay restores near and intermediate vision by focusing light coming into the eye. In addition, the inlay’s advanced design features 8,400 high precision, laser etched micro-openings along the surface to help your cornea stay healthy.
• Procedure time takes less than 15 minutes.
• Improved vision will be noticed within a few days.
• Provides natural vision without compromise.
• Restores everyday near vision and reduces the need for reading glasses.
• Revives near and computer vision, while maintaining good distance vision.
• Works continuously for constant, long term near vision rejuvenation.
• Proven with over 10 years of clinical research and development.
To Treat: Short Sightedness (myopia)
ReLEx SMILE(Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) is a ground-breaking new technique that take laser vision correction for short-sight beyond LASIK. It uses the femtosecond laser to precisely separate and then remove a ‘lenticule’ (a very thin disc) of tissue to re-shape the cornea and change its lens power.
• Rapid visual recovery
• Minimal Post-operative discomfort
• Suitable for higher prescriptions
• Idea for patients with thin corneas
• 20 minute procedure
To Treat: Short sightedness, Long Sightedness, Astigmatism, Presbyopia, Cataracts.
LaserVision is pleased to offer a wide variety of Premium Lens options which can treat and wide range of refractive errors and offer the chance to reduce dependency from glasses which was not before possible. This is especially popular with our premium cataract treatment, whereby patients can experience better vision than having experienced before the cataract developed.
Multi-focus lenses have begun to make a significant impact in treating vision correction meaning that following treatment, patients may have clear vision up close, at intermediate distances and at far distance. It may eliminate the need for bifocals or reading glasses. Prior to this lens implants were fixed-focus, which gave patients clear distance vision, but meant they still needed to wear reading glasses.
What Types of Lenses are Available?
There are several types of lens and these are namely; monofocal, multifocal (also called bifocal), accommodative, toric for the correction of astigmatism and phakic lenses. Sometimes combining lenses is necessary and it may even be necessary to have lenses specially made.
Find out if you are suitable for vision correction with premium lens technology by enquiring with us online.
LaserVision are proud to be the ONLY centre to offer the Z8 Femtosecond Laser technology for unprecedented and unrivalled precision and safety for many procedures including cataract and RLE procedures.
Some of the many benefits of the new Z8 laser are:
• Faster eye recovery time compared to previous and current femtosecond laser technology.
• OCT technology to allow for micron precision laser pulses for increased accuracy.
• The fastest and lowest energy laser on the market.
• Minimal side effects.
• Fast procedure time.
Procedures available using the Z8 Laser:
• Laser cataract surgery
• Bladeless LASIK
• Customised partial thickness and full thickness corneal transplants
• Inverse DSAEK