BlephEx is a revolutionary treatment for chronic, long-term inflammation of the eyelids or Blepharitis. It is particularly useful for targeted cleaning of the crusty deposits that characterise Anterior Blepharitis.
What is BlephEx?
Treatment of blepharitis is long-term and requires strict adherence to a routine of eyelid hygiene and ocular lubrication. The use of proprietary sterile wipes / diluted baby shampoo and the application of heat with warm compress is effective but depends solely upon the patient. Our Laser Vision clinical team can use BlephEx to remove bacteria, scurf and oily caps from the meibomian glands in order to reduce inflammation.
How is it performed?
- 1.A micro-sponge is soaked in a tea-tree based, micellar solution
- 2.The unique BlephEx device is used to spin the medical grade sponge along the lid margin, exfoliating the skin
- 3.A new sponge is used for each eyelid
- 4.The procedure takes approximately 6-8 minutes
- 5.You will typically feel nothing more than a mild tickling sensation