Careers at Laser Vision
LaserVision is an established and trusted organisation providing high quality ophthalmic treatments and vision correction services to private patients who are keen to enjoy life to the full. This is an exciting business in Portsmouth, PO6 4RP. Patient experience is at the forefront of everything we do, and we consider ourselves professional, agile, innovative and enjoy. We also aim to have fun whilst we are doing it.
Our work environment includes:
- Brand new world class clinic facility
- Ample parking
LaserVision is seeking a full-time Practice Manager to join our team at Portsmouth!
LaserVision is an established organisation delivering high quality ophthalmic treatments to private patients of all ages, working in partnership with selected private hospital partners.
The Practice Manager has overall responsibility for the performance and compliance of Prema, our new private clinical facility in Cosham, Portsmouth. This person is also responsible for managing a small team of remote staff working in our Guildford location delivering our Surrey-based services.
This person contributes to our success by providing strong strategic, professional and proactive clinical leadership for all aspects of medical and patient services. This requires demonstrative care, compassion and respect for patients, carers and staff.
The post holder is a member of the LaserVision senior management team and both Registered Manager and Nominated Individual for CQC purposes and responsible for the day to day leadership of the Practice and its compliance. Supported by the full time Practice Administrator, Patient Coordinator Team Leader, and colleagues, this person will lead the successful delivery of high quality patient services to our agreed internal and external standards.
Laser Vision Limited is an ambitious, innovative, forward thinking Organisation and requires the post holder’s proactive commitment to develop and continually enhance services
Compliance & Governance
- Ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual patient through assessment, patient-centred planning and regular outcome-focussed reviews of services.
- Registered Manager and Nominated Individual. Lead the successful maintenance of our ongoing compliance including audits, risk assessments, registered and formal committee meetings. Ensure that clinical standards meet all Care Quality
- Commission and Service Level agreement standards. Maintain a high quality ophthalmic services working in partnership with colleagues
- Inspiring leadership and optimal team efficiency of Patient Coordinators, Optometrists and Theatre staff based in Portsmouth and Guildford
- Caldicott Guardian
- Infection Control Lead
- Health & Safety lead – to ensure the service meets the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’ and the Data Protection Act 1998
- Ensure compliance with Laser Vision Limited’s Development & Training and Supervision Policies
- Be responsible for meeting all statutory duties for nurse and healthcare Professionals
- Lead the Clinical Governance programme and required actions
- Support the Directors on issues such as clinical audit, promoting evidence-based best practice, clinical risk management, research, education and training
- Advise the Directors of complaints or Incidents within 24 working hours, and ensure all complaints are correctly recorded and treated. Develop systems and corrective actions that prevent recurrence of Issues
- The implementation of and compliance with Health & Safety legislation
- Overseeing compliance with Health & Safety procedures and commitments including reporting and resolution of hazards etc) – all sites. Taking necessary action to resolve physical safety risks
- Information Governance compliance, including DSP Toolkit review, update and publication
- Support the SIRO with any data breach investigation, management, and notification
- Ensure the successful delivery of patient-centred care services that provide optimal post-treatment outcomes
- Ensure ophthalmic services are structured to provide flexibility, reliability and continuity.
- Design, implement and continually improve our clinical, contact centre, and administrative processes to deliver agreed standards of care to patients and families/carers, within agreed budget
- Engage actively with clinical and admin staff. Understand their detailed processes, the identity and purpose of all ophthalmic equipment used, and maintain a clear understanding of the performance of each process. Exploit all opportunities to improve performance and efficiency
- Be fully accountable for the on-time delivery of all agreed actions that have been requested by Directors
- Ensure services are accessible for patients, partners etc at agreed times
- Ensure the development of robust systems and procedures.
- Working with the People Manager to ensure the service is appropriately resourced with the right number of suitably qualified, skilled and experienced staff.
- Ensure that all new referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with Laser Vision’s promises/contractual and organisational timescales.
- Deliver services that ensure the Organisation’s duty of care to patients and staff
- Ensure effective communication and links with all stakeholders with regard to the provision of services. This includes patients, relatives, staff, hospitals, partners and suppliers
- Review and document all real time feedback from patients, colleagues and partner organisation with the appropriate team members, taking any appropriate action.
- Ensure the office is resourced in office hours and the provision of an effective out of hours on-call service.
- Senior escalation point for all complaints and incidents
- Ensure that all ICT and clinical equipment is correctly maintained and fit for purpose.
Team Management and Leadership
- Proactively lead and manage a team of staff involved in direct provision of the service. Ensure that the team achieve or exceed agreed performance targets and standards
- Be routinely involved in a range of human resources/staff management duties including (i) Workforce Planning to agreed KPIs (ii) Recruitment and selection (iii) Training (iv) Supervision, Appraisal (v) Disciplinary/Capability procedures and (vi) Absence Management
- Build and continually develop a strong and cohesive team ethos of ‘amazing focus on the patient’ that is clearly visible to patients/partners at every touch point (eg. face to face, phone, email, letters)
- Set clear expectations. Ensure all team members have a clear job description, specific job standards, and a set of performance metrics that are agreed each year with Directors. Ensure that counselling and reward are appropriately aligned to performance
- Ensure there is a co-ordinated and consistent approach to service provision, that is cost effective and efficient making the best use of allocated resources.
- Identify recruitment needs and develop plans for appropriate resourcing for excellence and growth
- Ensure that processes and procedures are in place to meet the necessary organisational and staff requirements with regard to human resources issues.
- Ensure that LaserVision performance standards are continually met. Ensure that staff are fully skilled to perform their roles and responsibilities, and that all groups of staff within the team have access to appropriate training and learning opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective two way communication to ensure that all staff are aware of and can contribute to operational/strategic developments (e.g. team meetings, staff notices).
- Arrange and attend regular service planning meetings with Patient Coordinators and Optoms.
- Put in place systems to ensure healthy working practices and that staff receive relevant information to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
- Offer advice, support and guidance to staff at all levels as necessary.
- Work closely with the Directors in assessing business risks and continuity planning
- Facilitate effective communication and team-working between LV staff and others in partner and supplier organisations.
- Lead proactively to address any issues or opportunities for improvement
- Implement and maintain an effective quality assurance programme to promote high quality, best practice and continuous improvement of services in line with Laser Vision Limited’s Quality Assurance Policies.
- Deliver services effectively and efficiently and have clear monitoring procedures and processes in place to ensure standards are continually met.
- Ensure good and safe practice in all activities relating to service user care by putting systems in place to guide, monitor and evaluate care and services provided.
- Resolve all complaints in accordance with Laser Vision’s Complaints & Compliments Policy.
- Evaluate services through regular review, annual service user questionnaires,external feedback sources (e.g. Trustpilot), analysis of complaints & compliments etc. and act decisively on improvement opportunities
- Implement and maintain Laser Vision Limited’s Care Governance Framework to continuously improve services, care and support.
- Proactively manage delegated budgets ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Develop operational controls in partnership with the senior management team to ensure a commitment to cost effectiveness and value for money.
- Assist Directors setting annual budgets and review expenditure accordingly
- Ensure that peer level partnership relationships e.g. with hospitals, other business functions) are highly positive and productive. Gather regular feedback and engage proactively with key clinical and administrative peers in partner organisations, holding regular reviews of clinical and surgical procedures as well as team-working between parties that identify improvements in joint processes. Where opportunities arise, proactively lead the implementation of joint improvement actions
- Circle Health
- Snr relationship management – CG meeting, Managing escalated issues, H&SAW meeting,
- Snr relationship management – Periodic discussions/negotiations with ED, Ops Director, Clinical Services Director on procedure, new services or pricing etc
- Woking Nuffield, Spire Portsmouth, & Healthshare Winchester
- Snr relationship management – discussions/negotiations on procedure, new services/ pricing etc with Matron, ED, Managing escalated issues
- Contribute to the overall operation and strategic development of LaserVision, working with the Directors to help develop strategy, business plans and policies. Assist with the identification and development of strategies for the planning and delivery of quality, innovative ophthalmic services.
- Help grow and develop services through maximising referral opportunities.
- Identify marketing opportunities and provide input into Laser Vision’s marketing plan.
- Manage projects that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Produce monthly management reports/attend management meetings as requested.
- Previous experience as a CQC Registered Manager or Nominated Individual
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Team management/leadership track record and experience
- Extensive management and leadership experience and proven track record at a senior management level in NHS or private healthcare
- Proven Inspirational leadership skills that delivered high performance
- Ability to build and grow strong and productive relationships with peers in partner organisation
- Extremely effective time management, organisational, and planning skills
- Highly motivated and proactive. Leads from the front and willing to roll the sleeves up and get into the detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused and strong influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work very effectively under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, managers, professional bodies and colleagues
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Work flexibly and have a positive approach to work
- Act as a positive role model to promote team working, proactive behaviour, sense of urgency, respect and excellence
- Be well presented and smart, confident and professional
- Ability to work long and/or flexible hours when necessary
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Previous experience in a similar Practice Management role
- Clinical qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of strategic planning and development
- Ability to negotiate at a senior management level
- Excellent IT skills, especially on Google & Microsoft applications
- Able to assess and manage complex budgets
- Leadership qualifications
- To work on site at Prema Portsmouth full time unless by prior arrangement
- Annual leave entitlement and limitations – 5 weeks which increments by 1 day per year each year completed plus national holidays.
- Maintain agreed levels of confidentiality at all times
- Personally adhere to all requirements outlined in LaserVision procedures and policies
- To visibly demonstrate LaserVision’s company values, and provide feedback to colleagues
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is the practice of LaserVision to examine job descriptions from time to time and to update them to ensure they relate to the job as then being performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This will be conducted in consultation with the post holder. This job description is supported by annual objectives and performance standards to provide an indication of the level of performance expected from the role.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as Management may from time to time reasonably require.
- £45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portsmouth, PO6 4RP: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Medical Practice Management: 1 year (preferred)
- CQC Registered Manager: 1 year (preferred)
- In person
Application deadline: 21/07/2023
Reference ID: PM 07/23
Expected start date: 01/09/2023
- Location: Portsmouth, with occasional travel to other UK sites
- Job type: Full Time position
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Reports to: LV Board
- Application deadline: 21/07/2023
- Job reference: PM 07/23