LaserVision offer a fully personalised, comprehensive and carefully tailored package just for you.
Price may vary based on Location, Upgrade Packages & Optional Extras
LASIK with IntraLaseTM can help you achieve all of this – while it delivers the added assurance of knowing you’re being treated with the most advanced technology there is.
The IntraLase Method has been used successfully on millions of eyes and we trust this advanced technology to deliver exceptional results. Our commitment is to provide you with the ultimate in comfort, safety, and outstanding vision.
More Information about IntraLASIKTM
For more information regarding this treatment as well as any frequently asked questions, please see below.
The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free technique used to perform the critical first step in the LASIK procedure: creating the corneal flap. The creation of the corneal flap prepares the eye for the second step of the LASIK procedure, where an excimer laser is used on the inner cornea to correct vision.
The IntraLase Method uses tiny, rapid pulses of laser to create your corneal flap — instead of using a metal blade — during the first step of LASIK. Each pulse of light passes through the top layers of your cornea and forms a microscopic bubble at a specific depth and position within your eye that is determined by your specialist surgeon. The IntraLase laser moves back and forth across your eye, creating a uniform layer of bubbles just beneath your corneal surface.
Unlike mechanical instruments, IntraLase technology is uniquely able to program the dimensions of your flap based on what’s best for your eye. Then the IntraLase laser creates your flap from below the surface of the cornea – without ever cutting it. How does it achieve this?
- Ultra-fast pulses of laser position microscopic bubbles at a precise depth determined by your doctor.
- The laser passes harmlessly through your cornea. Then the laser creates rows of these bubbles just beneath your corneal surface as it moves back and forth across your eye in a uniform plane.
- Next, the IntraLase laser stacks bubbles around your corneal diameter to create the edges of your flap. These bubbles are stacked at an angle that is determined by your doctor and is individualized to the way your eye is shaped.
- The process takes only about 12 seconds from start to finish – it’s quiet and it’s comfortable.
- Your doctor then gently lifts the flap to allow for the second step of your LASIK treatment. When treatment is complete, the flap easily “locks” back into position and rapidly begins to heal.
IntraLASIK was approved as the treatment of choice by NASA for its own astronauts and by the United States Department of Defense for its Air Force and Navy pilots, to achieve vision correction and it has been one of the most exciting developments in bladeless vision correction.
By delivering biomechanical superiority, excellent visual acuity, and unmatched safety, IntraLASIK offers the safest and the most effective treatment for our patients.
LaserVision was initially founded in Guildford, Surrey. Now with clinics in over 6 locations, we are able to treat the eye conditions of patients nationwide. This treatment is available at: