Although it is more obvious to protect your eyes in the summer from the glaring hot sun, it is just as important to look after your eyes in the winter â€“ here are some top tips to take care of your vision this season.
- Whether youâ€™re hitting the slopes or staying at home, sunglasses that block 99-100% of UV rays are essential to protect your eyes from sunburn and temporary vision damage. The sun doesnâ€™t have to be hot to harm your eyes.
- Protect your face and eyes from cold winds by wearing brimmed hats, hoods or even wraparound sunglasses to prevent your tear film evaporating resulting in irritated, dry and scratchy eyes.
- Colds and flu are rife this time of year, so be sure to wash your hands regularly before touching your eyes to reduce the risk of cross infection.
- Central heating and car heating dry the air around you, which can often leave your eyes dry and irritable. Invest in a humidifier or eye drops to counteract this common problem.
- Protect your eyes from the inside out and indulge in winter warming veg that provides valuable nutrition for the eyes. Kale, spinach and carrots are the ideal candidates.
Image source: VintageFramesShop.com