Cataracts are one of the main causes of vision impairment for adults in the UK. With studies predicting a 50% increase in cataract operations from 2015-2035, itâ€™s essential that you can identify the early stages of cataracts and maintain your optical health.
What Are Cataracts?
Cataracts are the clouding of the clear lens in your eye, they develop over time and eventually interfere with your ability to see.
How Do I Know if I Need Cataract Surgery?
Fortunately, it’s easy to identify the symptoms of cataracts, leaving you with plenty of time to consult with a medical expert for the appropriate treatment.
Cataracts symptoms that may mean you require surgery:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision â€“ it may feel like looking through a frosted window
- An increasing inability to see at night, read, drive, or read facial expressions
- Sensitivity to lights and glare
- An increasing need for brighter lights for reading and other activities
- Seeing â€śhalosâ€ť around lights
- Frequent changes in your glasses or contact lens prescriptions
- Fading or yellow colours
- Double vision in a single eye
What Does Cataract Surgery Involve?
Cataract surgery removes the clouded lens and replaces it with an artificial one. Artificial lenses are multifocal and can achieve long and short-sighted vision, without the need for glasses.
Our laser technology enables surgery without blades, allowing for unparalleled precision, comfort, and safety. This procedure takes around 20-minutes, causing little to no pain and a noticeable improvement to your eyesight within the first few days of surgery.
Find out more about our precise cataract surgery.
See Clearly With LaserVision
Get in touch with our expert team for more advice on cataracts and laser eye surgery for improved vision.